Here are some videos taken in late April of 2009. The snow was even deeper in 2010 (see #5 and #6)! The opening shot is #1. The really deep stuff is in # 3 - middle of Windy Cut, where the snow is about 12 feet deep . #1 is where the drifting started.
For pictures and history of our plowing operations, go here .
Plow in Start of Windy Cut - 2009
2. Plow in middle of Windy Cut - 2009. Note how the process goes. The wings are 10.5 feet high so the snow here is about 12 feet deep. Sometimes we have to dynamite these banks to loosen the snow.
3. Plow at 8 Mile - 2009. This is about 2 miles above Windy Cut. You can see the track in the pan and Windy Cut is on the right side where the track disappears.
4. Train stopped at Timberline watching plow - 2009. When the trains go to timberline, sometimes the passengers get to see the plow blowing snow as in this shot.
5. Snow Plow at Top of Windy Cut - 2010
6. Plow at Saddle - 2010
7. Train at Four Mile - Winter 2008
8. Train arriving on Top - Winter 2007.
9. Plow - 1/2 mile below Windy Cut (Repeat Opening - just above 6 Mile) - 2009
We have more videos here.